Get more from us

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

... And It Will Be Called 'Heartstrings'

If I ever write a song, it will be a love song expressing my newfound and eternal devotion to Elixir 80/20 bronze acoustic guitar strings (0.012 – 0.053mm gauge) with the patented Polyweb coating. That may not sound like a very romantic subject but my dainty little fingertips have found true love.

The Alvarez came with these Elixirs on it and the salesman threw in three extra sets (a $36 value!). They have a thin plastic coating on them that the package says prevents contamination and corrosion. Since I fear neither contamination nor corrosion, the big appeal for me is how easy they are on the fingers. By comparison, the strings on the Washburn are like playing on elongated razor blades.


No comments:

Post a Comment