Get more from us

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

She Picks on Me


Since she supplied the guitar, my 15-year-old daughter feels that she has controlling interest in my musical endeavors. “I’m not going to,” she likes to say, “but you know that I could take my guitar back any time I want to, don’t you? So you better be nice to me.” I try to buy goodwill and protect my guitar rights by giving her picks. Every time I buy guitar picks, I make a point of getting some extras so she can add to her collection.

I have yet to lose a guitar pick in my brief time as a guitarist but I’ve probably bought a couple of dozen for no good reason other than I like them as much as my daughter does. They’re little works of art and once I’ve mastered the guitar maybe I'll get a few million of them and a mosaic of some sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment