Get more from us

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Buddy Don't Blog

This guitar stuff can seem a little overwhelming at times. I look at a chord chart and see C minor seven and G augmented and my eyes glaze over. Don't even mention the G suspended 4 chord. I don't know if I'm supposed to be for pentatonic scales or diatonic scales. Tablature, at this point, is nothing more than hieroglyphics left behind by some extinct, but musical, civilization. Sometimes it all seems more like science than art, to say nothing of impossible.

My brother was in Chicago recently and said he saw Buddy Guy play at his place, Legends. My brother reported back that, as best as he could determine, Buddy Guy has no problem whatsoever with the F chord.

I bet he does. He just doesn't have the courage to write about it in a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment