Get more from us

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

This and That

The string thing has been resolved and I am now back in tune. I called Stancill's for help and the owner, Scott, graciously took a look. I was secretly hoping he might say, "Aw, man, I'm sorry but your guitar has a terminal condition and can't be fixed. You'll have to replace it with a really nice expensive one." But it turned out that the G string was just badly wound around the tuning key and was slipping. Scott was able to fix it by just rewrapping the string. So, no new guitar ...

That bad string cost me a couple of days of practice, though. Nonetheless, I've still reached a point where I can nail that dreaded F major about half the time. Tonight's lesson was called off due to snow, sleet and rain so I've got extra time to work on it ...

I've been reading Ron Wood's autobiography and he says he takes along about 40 guitars when the Stones go on tour because he changes for just about every song. Plus, he likes to have spares. He keeps one set of guitars n the U.S. and another full set in Europe for touring there. I only have one guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment