Get more from us

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Yon & Hither

The Washington Post has a travel story on the Martin Guitar factory in Nazareth, Pa., although the piece from The New York Times (see the I Come From a Short Line of Luthiers post of Feb. 21) was more interesting. I would really like to see this place someday.

Also, the Toronto Star says Martin is "going green" in order to preserve rare tone woods and cut back on the pollution generated by the chrome or brass plating on the tuning keys. On top of that, the company is pushing guitars it makes with laminates (much like Formica). That laminate idea may not go over very well with the world's guitar aesthetes, though ...

Last week my guitar teacher broke into a little bluegrass run and I just stared in amazement. He made it look so easy that it seemed like some sort of magic trick ...

I think I may ditch my case and just carry my guitar in a gunny sack. It worked for what's his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment